So, does that untidy wall of yours giving you a hard time or is it the love for the creativity that is making you opt for the wall decals and wall stickers. Whatever be the reason, you have reached the right place to find the most suitable answer to all your queries regarding these wall stickers. The first thing you need to understand is that, for most of us, wall stickers are something new so we need all the help we can get in this case. Here in this post, you will find some really valuable information regarding the installation of the wall stickers and the tips that will help you get the best out of them.
Of course you are going to invest in the wall stickers so you do not want to waste your money and you sure would like to make it look its best and last longer than it should. So let us get into the knowledge of these stickers to help you get the best out of them.
- Before you install any wall sticker, you need to make the repairs in order to make sure that the wall is clear for the application. Since the uneven wall is going to kill the look of the sticker, you first have to work on it and then move to the next step.
- Next thing to do is to make a clear slate of the space and for this you might need to repaint that area of the wall where you are applying the sticker or you can put the cement on that area.
- Next you have to make the initial placement of the sticker and for this you will first lay it on the floor and make the pieces sit together so you get to know how they feel physically and how you have to align them on the wall.
- Now the next thing is the placement planning of the sticker. For this you will check if there are any electrical outlets on the wall, so how you are going to facilitate them. You can add some extension wire to it as well to get the best look of the sticker.
- Now when you feel that the wall is all clear, you can now apply the adhesive to the points that you have measured for the placement of the sticker in the previous steps. Make sure you are applying a fine layer of the glue on the wall and that it is uniform to hold the sticker in place.
- Last but not the least is to apply the sticker gently but firmly over the adhesive and press it neatly on to the glue. You can make use of any kind of stickers ranging from nursery wallstickers to the others and get a whole new look for your room. Just be sure to take care of the special instructions about the adhesive and the stickers.