Stock Cabinetry vs. Custom Cabinetry
The cabinetry is likely to be the first thing that you notice when you enter any kitchen. Cabinetry is the centerpiece of every kitchen. Cabinetry is also crucial in the kitchen’s storage and function. Cabinetry is an integral part of any kitchen’s design. You have the opportunity to choose exactly what you want for your kitchen cabinets, depending on your budget. There are many options available, including stock cabinets and custom cabinets. You can also choose to have a combination of both. Here’s how you can make the right choices for your home.
What is Stock Cabinets?
Stock cabinets can be ordered ready-made and mass produced. These cabinets are mass-produced and available in standard sizes, finishes, and measurements. They can be found at your local furniture shop or home improvement store, often in stock.
Before you start looking for cabinets, measure your kitchen and then choose the style and color that suits your needs. You can then pick them up at a store or have them delivered directly to your home. Stock cabinets are usually assembled, so you’ll need to either hire a contractor or an installer or do it yourself.
The cheapest option
Stock available or on short notice
- Standard designs, sizes, styles and colors are limited to the most basic.
- There is a limited selection
- Lower quality: Mass produced, Cheaper materials, Low grade finish
- High risk of missing or defective parts
- Cabinet undersides are often left unfinished
- Installation and assembly required
What Are Custom Cabinets?
Custom cabinets can be built to your exact specifications, as the name implies. You can choose the size, color, function, and shape of your cabinets – literally every aspect.
A kitchen cabinet specialist will be your guide and can offer expert advice. They will be able to help you choose the right solutions for your home.
Expert woodworkers will often create your cabinets to your specifications. They will also arrive fully assembled with professional installers.
- High personalization: You design, choose and get exactly what you need
- This offers the best visual appeal
- Specialty finishes and exotic woods available.
- You can order custom lighting, such as in-cabinet and under-cabinet lighting.
- Maximize every inch
- A professional designer will offer expert guidance and advice
- High quality
- Durable: The material used determines how long it will last.
- No assembly is required
- Higher Return on Investment
- They are the most expensive type of kitchen cabinetry because they are made from scratch.
- Delivery and installation takes longer.
This article was written by Jordan Legault, Jordan is the owner of The French Refinery. Founded in 2015, The French Refinery quickly built a name and reputation for high-end cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We strive every day to provide the utmost in customer service because our customers deserve the best we can provide. We have built a hand-picked team of talented craftsmen with over 100 years of combined experience. Custom cabinetry is our craft, we love what we do, and we make it show through in the work we provide on a daily basis. Click Here to learn more.